Optimizing email in a mobile world
Yesterday I attended the Direct Marketing News Virtual Event and this blog is about the session I attended. While interesting they really did not do a good job of explaining the best practices for “Optimizing email” for mobile devices.
- 45% mobile phone users own a smartphone
- 7% of mobile devices are tablets – small group but growing at a compounded rate of 23.59% per year
- 77% of smartphone users use in stores
- More than half of adults buy on smartphone
- 88% of people check their email via mobile phone daily
- The majority of people in the near term will be iOS platform but that is shifting.
- Landing pages (website pages you link to) should have both a desktop version and a mobile version.
- Try to keep email design into a single column
- Keep Copy short and sweet and simple
- Primary call to action as high up as possible – make sure it is large enough for a finger to hit.
- 6.4% of attendees emails are being opened on mobile.
- ESP – that will allow insertion of a mobile optimized format
- BrightWave Marketing (figures as this was one of the companies that presented)
One of the presenters also mentioned he had a blog: